Greening mobility: Are we acting fast enough?
Transport has brought plenty of benefits to society, providing jobs, connecting people and moving goods. It now has to face its next challenge: reduce its greenhouse gas emissions.
The sector – from cars to planes, from ships to heavy-duty trucks – represents a significant part of the EU economy and will have to go through a major transformation to reduce its emissions as Europe moves towards a modern, low-carbon economy.
Electricity is just one option. There are a number of other alternatives, such as biofuels, hydrogen, E-fuels and gas.
EURACTIV invites you to this Stakeholder Forum to discuss the future of mobility in a greener context.
Questions will include:
- What role for alternative fuels in decarbonising the transport sector?
- How can we decarbonise cars, ships and planes?
- Can we find a one-size-fits-all solution that applies to all transport sectors?
- What are the socio-economic costs linked to a green transition in transport?
- How can on-going investment and research in new solutions be incentivised?
EURACTIV Network Office
Boulevard Charlemagne 1, 1041 Brussels
Google Maps >>
Herald Ruijters, Director, Investment, Innovative & Sustainable Transport, European Commission
Giacomo Rispoli, Executive Vice President Refining & Marketing, ENI
Laura Buffet, Director, Energy, Transport & Environment
More speakers to be announced soon.
Samuel Morgan, Journalist, Transport, EURACTIV
17:00 – 17:30 Registration
17:30 – 18:00 Panellists statements
18:00 – 19:00 Discussion and Q&A
19:00 – 20:00 Networking Cocktail
+32 (0)2 788 36 86